Areas of Expertise：Applied chemistry, Bio-manufacturing of functional food ingredients, Formulation of food additives and cosmetics
2003-Present Professor,Jiangnan University, PRC
2002-2005 Research Fellow, University of Michigan, USA
1997-2000 Associate Professor, Wuxi University of Light Industry, PRC
1994-1997 PhD Candidate, Wuxi University of Light Industry, PRC
1984-1986 Ms Candidate, Wuxi Institute of Light Industry, PRC
1980-1984 Undergraduate Student, Nanjing College of Chemical Engineering, PRC
Research of Special Interest
Dr. Xia’s research interests are focused on the synthesis, application and evaluation of surfactants and food additives, including enzymatic synthesis and bioactivities of natural plant products.She has been studying on the synthesis and structure-function relationship of surfactants and food additives, their application in cosmetics and food formulation as well as other industry usages. She has special interesting on natural bioactive products such as sweetener like steviol glycosides andantioxidants, as well as formulation of cosmetics or personal care products and sweeteners.
1. Chuchu Hou, Shengfang Wu, Yongmei Xia*, GO Phillips, Steve W Cui*, A novel emulsifier prepared from Acacia seyal polysaccharide through Maillard reaction with casein peptides, Food Hydrocolloids 2017, 69, 236-241.
2. Jue Zhang, Junming Chen, Xiaoxia Wang, Yongmei Xia*, Steve W Cui, Jian Li, Zhongyang Ding, Inhibiter or promoter? The performance of polysaccharides from Ganoderma Lucidum on human tumor cells with different p53 status, Food Function, 2016, 7, 1872-1875.
3. Xiaochen Sui, Qingbin Guo, Yongmei Xia*, Steve W. Cui*, Jie Shen, Jue Zhang, Zhongyang Ding, Structure features of the intracellular polysaccharide from Ganoderma lucidum and the irrelative immune-anticancer activities of GLPs, Bioactive Carbohydrates and Dietary Fibre, 2016,8,43-50.
4. Junming Chen, Li Ding, Xiaochen Sui, Yongmei Xia*, Huida Wan, Tong Lu, Productionof a bioactive sweetener steviolbioside via specific hydrolyzing ester linkageof stevioside with a β-galactosidase, Food Chemistry, 2016, 196: 155-160.
5. Pingping Zhou, Huachun Wu, Yongmei Xia*, Influence of synthetic polymers on the mechanical properties of hardened β-calcium sulfate hemihydrate plasters, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 2016, 33: 355-361.
6. Yandong Zhang, Wei Li, Tong Lu, Yongmei Xia*, The effect of microwave irradiation on transglycosylation pathway of stevioside with starches or cyclodextrins catalyzed by a cyclodextrin glucanotransferase, Journal of Molecular Catalysis B: Enzymatic, 2015, 120: 151–157.
7. Huida Wan, Yongmei Xia*, Enzymatic transformation of stevioside using a β-galactosidase from Sulfolobus sp. , Food & Function, 2015, 6: 3291-3295.
8. Tong Lu, Yongmei Xia*, Transglycosylation specificity of glycosyl donors in transglycosylation of stevioside catalysed by cyclodextrin glucanotransferase, Food Chemistry, 2014, 159: 151-156.
9. Junming Chen, Yongmei Xia*, Huida Wan, Huijun Wang, Xiang Liu, A complete specific cleavage of glucosyl and ester linkages of stevioside for preparing steviol with a β-galactosidase from Sulfolobus solfataricus, Journal of Molecular Catalysis B-Enzymatic, 2014, 105: 126-131.
10. Jie Shen, Hyeonsoo Park, Yongmei Xia*, Gonsup Kim, Steve W. Cui, The polysaccharides from fermented Ganoderma lucidum mycelia induced miRNAs regulation in suppressed HepG2 cells. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2014, 103: 319-324 .
11. Jie Shen, Haijun Wang, Yongmei Xia*, Molecular simulation of model sulfated polysaccharides of low molecular weight from Ganoderma lucidum and their interaction with human serum albumin, Structural Chemistry, 2014, 25(5): 1423-1435.
12. Sha Li, Wei Li, Qiuyan Xiao, Yongmei Xia*, Transglycosylation of stevioside to improve the edulcorant quality by lower substitution using cornstarch hydrolyzate and CGTase, Food Chemistry, 2013, 138(2-3): 2064-2069.
13. Jie Shen, Haijun Wang, Yongmei Xia*, A DFT study of hydrogen bond interactions between oxidative 2′-deoxyadenosine nucleotides and RNA nucleotides, Structural Chemistry, 2013, 24(2): 559-571.
14. Huachun Wu, Yongmei Xia*, Xueyi Hu, Xiang Liu, Improvement on mechanical strength and water absorption of gypsum modeling material with synthetic polymers, Ceramics International, 2013, 40(9): 14899-14906.
15. Dangjing Hu, Junming Chen, Yongmei Xia*, A comparative study on production of middle chain diacylglycerol through enzymatic esterification and glycerolysis, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 2013, 19(5): 1457-1463.